A Context Screen allows you to add a simple, extra screen to your maze. This can help you engage your testers and give instructions at the beginning, during, or at the end of your maze.
A Context Screen is a simple way to communicate with your testers during their session.
How to add a Context Screen
- Open your draft maze or create a new one. To create a new maze, you can either import a new version of your existent prototype or import a new project.
- In the draft maze, choose Context Screen from the list of blocks. Add a Context Screen to your maze.
- Type in your title and write a description.
- If you want, you can show users an image while on this screen. To do so, switch the toggle on for Image and upload your image in one of these formats: JPG, PNG or GIF.
- You can view how the Context Screen will look on the right side of the draft maze page.
When to use a Context Screen
Here are a few ideas when you could use a Context Screen:
- At the beginning of your maze. If you want to introduce yourself or your maze to testers by writing a longer description, you can add a Context Screen before they begin with the missions and questions.
- Introduce a part of your maze. If your maze is composed of several parts (e.g., mission + questions or parts of different interfaces) you can add a Context Screen before the part begins to explain what’s about to happen.
- Before missions. If you want to explain the concept of a mission to testers and what they’ll have to do in a few moments, you can use a Context Screen for that. This could be helpful with novice testers.
- At the end of the maze. If you want to relay important information to testers before the Thank You Screen, you can add a Context Screen at the end.