Card sorting allows you to discover how your users categorize and understand information
Card sorting is a great way to understand how your users think about different categories and groupings inside of your design.
How to initiate Card sorting
- Open your draft maze or create a new one.
- In the draft maze, choose Card Sort from the list of blocks.
- Type in your Card titles.
- Add at least 2 categories.
- Remember to toggle Shuffle on, if needed.
When is Card sorting useful
- When you need to validate how people perceive information on a website or app
- When you want to understand where users expect certain content to be found
- Inspiration for labeling and grouping content
- Segmenting how different user groups understand content different
Card sorting does not require a prototype and can be used in a Discovery project