A 5-Second test allows you to add a static image to present to your testers.
A 5-Second test is a great way to test user recall, measuring what information users take away and what impressions they get within the first five seconds of viewing a design.
How to add a 5-Second testing block
- Open your draft maze or create a new one.
- In the draft maze, choose 5-Second Test from the list of blocks.
- Import an image or pull a screen in from your prototype. Maze supports JPG, PNG, or GIF files.
- Select the duration testers will view the image. This ranges from 5 to 20 seconds.
- Remember to add a question after your 5-Second Test for best results!
When should I use a 5-Second Test block?
5-Second tests are suitable for determining the user's first impressions. Questions can include:
- What is the purpose of the page?
- What are the main elements you can recall?
- Who do you think the intended audience is?
- Did the design/brand appear trustworthy?
- What was your impression of the design?